Today Is the United Nations’ International Day of Happiness . The link has all their information, but they are attempting to reclaim Happiness. In their mission to reclaim happiness they want people to share the pictures of something that made them happy to generate a vision of happiness. As they are partnering to celebrate this day with Pharrell, this post has to start with his song: Happy
I believe there is never a bad excuse to be happy, or to look in the happiness around us, so this post is Tatistidbits version of joining #Happinessday in 5 steps that are very traditional to this blog: 10 things, music ,quotes, articles and new campaigns.
1. First, what are things that make me happy. Here are the 10 Things that make me happy. No science to this list, only the first things that popped up in my head, with some pictures/blog posts for them.
- Singing my heart out – around the house, in karaoke, in the shower, my smile is always a bit bigger when I’m hitting some notes.
- An amazing plate of food – Yes eating makes me happy. And sharing a great meal with friends is a happy day in the making. Some Tatistidbits highlights of some great meals I’ve had:
- Discovering a wonderful view That feeling when you are walking around and the view in front of you just takes your breath away. I’ve shared a few here in the blog:
- Sharing time with Friends and Loved Ones
- Christmas – It really is the most wonderful time of the year. Some of my favorite Christmas Posts.
- Seeing a great performance Sometimes its that moment when a tear comes out, that actually makes you happy. How a performance can make you be moved and exited.
- Dancing At a nightclub, at a party, but actually the best is dancing like crazy around my house. Some blog inspiration, my list of two things that I loved uniting, Dance and Movies and some Dancespiration
- Sparkles and Champagne – A glass of champagne can always improve my mood, pink champagne – even better. If there is no champagne: prosecco or cava can work. I am attracted to shinny things, and a good shiny find can be great. I might have the heart of a Christmas tree, the shinier I am (jewelry, sequins etc.) the happier I feel
- The color pink What can I say, it just makes me smile. Not surprising, today I am actually wearing a bright pink sweater!
- A great cup of coffee or tea in a beautiful cafe with a great friend Simple things are the best
Side note, International Happiness Day is also the NYC Macaron Day! love that, does that mean macarons = happiness? why not!
2. A great song to lift your spirits and put on that happy face:
3. Some happy quotes:
4. some articles on Happiness Day
- 41 Chipper Songs to Celebrate International Day of Happiness
- Pharrell Partners With UN for ‘International Day of Happiness’
- 20 ways to feel better about yourself on International Day of Happiness
- International Day Of Happiness: Stories To Make You Smile
- 11 people who really don’t get International Day of Happiness
- The pursuit of happiness is a fundamental human goal
- 50 Little Things That Make Life Happy
- 10 Happy Ways to Celebrate the International Day of Happiness
- UN International Day of Happiness: These people are way happier than you
- Pharrell and the United Nations Foundation Are Celebrating the International Day of Happiness Tomorrow; Care to Join Them?
5. To finish off, to commemorate the day, its a perfect opportunity to join the campaign that has been going around: #100happydays. Check , be happy