1. Bellagio Probably the most touristy of the Como towns, but it has good reason or it. Beatiful locals, and a great view of the lake. Additionally wonderful cafes and little streets to walk around. The ice cream at Gelateria del Borgo was superb!
2. Gravedona Were we stayed for the weekend and a truly beautiful view of the lake from here. Below pictures of some of the highlights in Gravedona: Palazzo Gallio and Santa Maria delle Grazie were the wedding I was going to ocurred. Also the view from our hotel, the Hotel Tullio
3. Villa D’Este – One of the most famous hotels in the world and for good reason. The gardens are just beautiful, and the view from the Veranda restauarnt at lunch to the Lake was top notch.
4. The Gardens of Villa Carlotta – Villa Carlotta in Tremezzo is one of the most famous Villas in the area. But what really impressed me more than the house were the beautiful gardens. Incredible variety of plants and flowers and a great lemon walkway!
5. Menaggio – We had a coffee stop here and the town center is really quaint. They were having a local market and there were some great finds (including jewelry made from discarded Nespresso pods and zippers)
7. The great ferry service – I was impressed by how good and efficient the ferry service was amongst the lakes villages
8. Lenno – I really enjoyed this town. Small and cute would best describe it. Also it is where Villa del Balbianello is (although the town center is not the best way to access it FYI)
10. aperitivo in the Lake – as with all my italian adventures, nothing better than a great Aperol spritz in a beautiful setting, what better than the lake