The Golden Globes were yesterday, One of my favorite awards shows as it combines TV and movies (both of which I love in equal measures)! In case you do not know who won, here is the list of winners, and now some thought on the Awards, and most importantly the fashion.
The Fashion: There was some great fashion last night, these were some of my favorite looks:
Jennifer Garner in Vivienne Westwood Couture
Julianne Hough in Monique Lhuiller
Kerry Washington in Miu Miu
Sarah Paulson in Reem Acra
Amanda Seyfried in Givenchy
Anne Hathaway in Chanel
My award to the I don’t know if I love it or hate it, but it was an absolutely grand dress goes to: Lucy Liu in Gucci and Katharine McPhee in Theyskens Theory
Coverage – Here is some good coverage of the Globes from the Media
- Have the Oscars Finally Wriggled Free of the Golden Globes?
- The 17 Best Tweets of the Golden Globes
- From TV Line: GG’s Best and Worst moments
- Jodie Foster’s Complete, Amazing Golden Globes Speech
- Forbes: The Golden Globes’ Real Winners and Losers
- Will The Golden Globes Help ‘Argo’ Win Best Picture?
- Vulture’s highs and Lows from the Golden GLobes
- Review from Vanity Fair
- Huffington Post Golden Globe Review
- gold Derby has lots of Coverage, including Can Golden Globes rescue ‘Argo’s’ Oscar hopes?, Good, bad and ugly of Golden Globe film awards and TV awards,
- From E online: 5 things you didnt see on Tv, red carpet pose off, Best and Worst of the Golden Globes, ADele going for the EGOT,
- Daily Beast Golden Globe Review
Some Thoughts on the Show:
- I loved the fact that Ben Affleck won for Best Director and Argo won for Best Film! It made me a bit less upset about him not being nominated for the Oscars this week
- All the commentators are raving about Tina Fey and Amy Pohler, however I think they were just ok – yes they had some funny jokes, but I don’t think they were spectacular (then again maybe I am partial to the singing and dancing hosts!)
- Jodie Foster was part fabulous/part really weird!
- I have just finished watching the Season 1 of Girls, and I am all about the Girls love shown at the Golden Globes! (Homeland love was great too but that one was more predictable)
- I want to be friends with Jennifer Lawrence! She is awesome!!!
- The Countess wins again (i.e. Maggie Smith) and again she doesn’t show up to pick it up! I want a speech from her!
- How hot is the combination of Goerge Clooney and Ben Affleck??