Yesterday was filled with award shows – both the BAFTA and GRAMMYS happened and here are my thoughts.
Grammy Coverage Links
- Full List of Winners
- TVLine’s Grade for all the performances and Best & worst Moments of the Night
- Time’s The Best and Worst of the 2013 Grammys
- Gold Derby’s Grammys Grammys: Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Jack White, Kelly Clarkson put on good show despite Grammys’ manufactured ‘moments’
- Esquire details on the multiple times mentioned CBS dress code
- Justin Timberlake’s GIFs and Grammy Audience GIFs
- Refinery29’s Favorite dresses
- Grammys 2013: The night’s most ‘What Memo?’ outfits
The Grammy Performances – This is my personal top 5 of the performances with video
- Kelly Clarkson “Tennessee Waltz”/”(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman” – her voice is flawless! Total class act. It was also an inspired pairing to get her to sing Carole King
- Tribute to Bob Marley “Locked Out of Heaven”/”Walking on the Moon”/”Could You Be Loved”: what an amazing combination of people. Just Bruno Mars with Knocked out of heaven would have been a fabulous performance, but with Sting and Rhianna it definitely was the collaboration of the night for me – even Adele was singing and clapping along! Although to point an improvement, for a true Bob Marley tribute, maybe all songs should have been Marley?
- Maroon 5 and Alicia Keys “Daylight”/”Girl on Fire”: This is a hot pairing, at least I have to think so, they are clearly some of the most played artists in my ipod ;). I think Alicia and the drums was a great idea, I liked the contrast of not seeing her on the piano. Bonsu: Is it possible to have hotter backup vocal than Adam Levine?
- Fun. – “Carry on”: He can sing! loveeee his voice. Also great that he was singing a song I don’t know, which made me go straight to Itunes! (but I love We are Young and Some Nights so much, that I wish they had done a little mashup as well). Bonus points for the rain
- Justin Timberlake “Suit and Tie”/”Pusher Love Girl” -Love the sepia, love his dancing. I’m still mehh on the song as WAS expecting something cooler for Justin’s comeback, but the performance can’t be faulted! The second song – so much better! And really JT in a tux, again no complaints!
Great Grammy Fashion
- Random thoughts of the night
- I love Adele, but her win over call me maybe for last years song? Really?
- Why is Jhonny Depp still looking like a pirate?
Great BAFTA Fashion
BAFTA Coverage Links
- From Time BAFTAs 2013: The British Oscars Also Love Ben Affleck’s Argo and Full list of winners
- Gold Derby coverage
- Fashion Coverage from the Telegraph, The Independent