I went to Miraval, a spa in Tucson whose premise is Mindfulness, for a few days in January. Their philosophy is: “Our focus is on healthy and sustainable living. The Miraval experience is: Fresh locally sourced ingredients to make gorgeously flavorful food; Growth and development activities that make the heart-pump and the head re-think; Fabulous spa resources that make the senses ignite and; An unrivaled team of wellbeing Specialists to help you make positive and lasting change in your life. Lest we forget the natural splendor and year round warmth.”
I had an amazing time, and following my 10 things I love…format I have used before in the blog, I decided to share some of my favorite parts of the trip, in case someone is planning on going
- The Life in Balance Spa – This is apparently quite new and it was beautiful. They have over 100 treatments to choose from, and everyone who works there is top notch. Of their traditional services my favorite treatments there was the hot Stone massage
- The Quiet room at the Spa – This was where I spent most of my downtime and read all my books. The combination of the wonderful chairs, chimney, free flowing tea and the beautiful view made it the place to be.
- Samadi Healing Ceremony – This is one of Miraval’s special treatments. It’s Official description: “Miraval exclusive. A blend of relaxation-inducing methods designed by Dr. Tim Frank, a licensed naturopathic physician, that brings deep peace to your body and state of mind. Dr. Frank combines Native American Shamanic drumming with Acupuncture, Reiki and Reflexology in this transformational healing ceremony. The element of sound, including melodic chants, further calms the body and allows you to be more open and reflective”. This was an amazing experience
- Tejpal – I had an amazing session with Tejpal. Both her group and individual sessions are worth going to. Of her group sessions, this one is worth checking out: Soul Journey, Life Mission: The Path to Happiness and Healing: Discover the many levels of a soul journey and realize how this unique experience can open opportunities and create guidance in your life. You can learn all about her in her website as well, Tejpal Inspires, which also has some great insights.
- Brent Baum – As per his Miraval description: This gifted therapist and teacher created Holographic Memory Resolution® (HMR®) to teach trauma survivors tools to access their memory and resolve emotions often associated with traumatic events. I went because he was highly recommended as was told to go even if you don’t have any traumas, and he definitely is worth a visit!
- The Horse Riding Experience – Official Description: This class offers you an opportunity to practice living life in the moment. Work with specially selected horses and our expert facilitators. You’ll perform equestrian ground skills, getting a chance to notice personal patterns of learned behavior that may be holding you back from the life you want to live. it was a great experience – here are some of my pics:
- The Food – The concept of Mindful Eating in Miraval, is not only good for you, its tasty too. I ate extremely well during my stay, and I even ended up with the cookbook!
- The Miraval Ginger Tea: I’m not kidding, I lived off this stuff for 5 days! and the best thing of getting the cookbook was that the recipe was in it. If you want to know here it is: Ingredients: ½ cup of ginger juice (chopped ginger in juicer), 2 cups fresh ginger root, ¼ cup of honey, 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice, 5 cups bottled water. Directions: Combine the ingredients. (After squeezing the lemon, toss the lemon into the water). Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove lemon and serve. If you use slices of ginger strain before using.
- Naga Thai Massage In the Miraval Blog, it is listed as one of the 3 things Newcomers to Miraval should do, and I have to agree, totally worth it.
- Coach Leigh – I went to her session Athletology which I think has a great approach to lifestyle improvement, in a very rational and results based manner. It is not esoteric at all, just action results to getting what you want and using sports and activities to improve where you are. She is also the founder of Mind in Motion, whose motto is “Set your body in motion and your mind will follow”
Oh and as a bonus… of course the Arizona Desert! here are some pictures I took there
I SO love Miraval! i was there in January also for my 3rd trip!!!! I will be there every year to experience the bliss that it brings!!!
In April I will be returning for the 10th time with my group of peeps, OOTG…One of the Girls. Your pictures are wonderful and capture so much of the goodness that surrounds you. Hope to see you there. I go to Miraval every day in my mind and heart.