About the Fashion
My top 5 – (because there really wasn’t a top 10)
the best of the others
Some of the best outfits were in the the afterparties, more people and better dresses. Here were my favorites (of note i loved Florence Pugh dress in the afterparty, the gold one, so much more than the green one she used in the show!) Charlize Theron and Scarlet Johansson second takes were as impressive as their first outings
I usually don’t go negative in my recap but when my favorite fashion house is disappointing so badly all through award season, they get to be called out. Chanel bombed on three beautiful women, i mean you get to dress these women and this is the best you have? This is potential not realized
- The 10 Real Winners of the Oscars
- The Highs, Lows, and Whoasof the 2020 Oscars
- The Best, Worst,and Most Upsetting Outfits From the Oscars
- The Best Dressed Celebritiesat the 2020 Academy Awards
- The 2020 Oscars Stayed on Script, Until They Didn’t
- The Best Oscars Red Carpet and After-PartiesPhotos
- he Oscars Ceremony Was Too Long, for No Good Reason
- At 92, the Oscars Prove They Are Still Capable of Embracing the Future
- Inside the 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party
- Te ientroductions to the presenters were ridiculous bloated time. Get a host already. Also you had no host but got two intros which made it even longer, choose one. Steve Martin and Chris Rock were not needed, Janelle Monáe had it down as we can see:
- The best actor speeches were a disaster. Between Renee going on and on about heroes in a nonsensical way and Joaquin Pheonix going to the deep end in his vegan speech (there was a better way to say what he said) it just did not make sense
- On the other side Brad Pitt, Laura Dern, and Bong Joon Ho gave amazing speeches. I have an even bigger crush on Brad Pitt want to go drinking with Bon Joon and Laura Dern was as adorable as always.
- As much ass I love Lin Manuel Miranda, the whole segment was not needed, neither Anthony Ramos pre intro to Lins intro to music montages, to the montage to the even less needed Eminem performance
- Why were the songs not presented? it was a bit weird for people who didnt know. One of my friends asked me why is Chrissy Metz singing. IT should have been the production and not me explaining to her that she was in that movie.
- Maya Rudolph and Kristen Wiig musical number I loved, even if Billy Ellish gave it the side eye
- Utkarsh Ambudkar recap rap was amazing (i am a total freestyle love supreme fan), but why not do it closer to the end?
- How can i not love a Frozen moment
- Cynthia Erivo is a goddess