It’s Emmy night! I love awards show and today TV+ Fashion makes it a great night of entertainment. So here are my preliminary thoughts on the Fashion and the Awards of tonight’s show.
For me the designers who won big tonight were Monique Lhullier and Marchesa
My Favorite Monique Lhullier dresses (and my top two dresses of the night!)
My Favorite Marchesa
Other things I Loved: The color of Heidi Klum’s dress, Kerry Washington’s Sparkly Vivianne Westwood (I love all things sparkly), Claire Danes Beautiful way to cover a baby bump in Lanvin, the amazing print of Julianna Margulies’ Giambattista Valli, some Project Runway love for Christian Soriano’s dress for Anna Chlumsky and my personal favorite (love his dresses on me) Tadashi who dressed Lily Rabe
The Show & The Awards
Some thoughts on the Awards
- John Cryer over Sheldon! really that makes no sense (I am biased as I can’t stand Two and a Half Men & love Big Bang Theory)
- how is it possible that the Amazing Race keeps winning over some of my favorite shows (Top Chef, The Voice, Project Runway!)
- Two thumbs up for the Homeland Love! Claire Danes, Damian Lewis & Best Series – totally awesome. Definitely one of the best shows of the season (and Im happy even if Claire Danes won over Michelle Dockery and Julianna Marguilles, she deserves it!)
- Loved that Maggie Smith won, but so disappointed the Dowager Countess wasn’t there to give a speech!
Some Thoughts on the Show
- Jimmy Kimmel – as host, not loving him. The opening statements was ok, but the rest, very blah (the parents shtick – bad, really bad)
- The mock InMemoriam segment was insensitive (again not loving Jimmy Kimmel). He totally wasted a good Josh Groban moment.
- Loved The Big Bang Theory sketch! Sheldon doing Sesame Street – awesome!
- im not sure I love the fact that the categories are so divided, I think I liked more that my drama categories are a bit mixed with the Comedy and reality!
- The best thing of the year in reviews: the miniseries/Movie part, I realized I hadn’t watch most of them and that I need to watch Game Change, Hemingway & Gellhorn, AHS, Hatfields & McCoys & Sherlock!
- Can I please look like Jessica Lange when I’m 60!
- I missed the cast of Glee 😦
- Very appropriate that Steve Jobs was included in the inMemoriam, he definitely changed the way I watch TV!
- I didn’t like how little fanfare was given to the nominated nest series! (at least some clips or an introduction would have been nice!)
oh and for more fashion, just realized I also thought J Mendel had a great day. These are two of his beautiful dresses