I checked out the Picasso Exhibition at the Moma (Thank god for Membership early hours) and given that its one of the few temporary exhibits that lets you have full use of your camera, A little picture diary of it. All in all definitely worth seeing as the sheer amount of sculptures its impressive. I was actually quite impressed and amazed that the exhibition just kept going on, and on, room after room. Are they all great? No, personally I do believe he was a much better painter than sculptor, however some are brilliant and it does show a lot of what his artistic process was, and it provides a full chronological retrospective on how he changed with time and with the times.
Reviews for the show:
- Picasso Sculpture review – a dumbfounding triumph
- Review: Picasso, Completely Himself in 3 Dimensions
- ‘Picasso Sculpture’ Review: A Master’s Genius, in 3-D at the Museum of Modern Art
- Moma’s ‘Picasso Sculpture’ Retrospective Is A Revelatory, Witty Triumph
- ‘Picasso Sculpture’ at MoMA Is a Rock-Solid Winner