A few days ago, I got to go the an American Express event hosted at Perse, La Fete de La Belle Époque. A wonderful time, with Thomas Keller himself hosting and giving us tours of the kitchen. Here were some of the highlights:
- Huitres a la Florentine: a perfect little bite of oyster
- Terrine de Foie Gras aux fraises : this was my gluten-free version, those with gluten had an even prettier dish – but it was still a spectacular blend of truffle, berries and foie
- Sole Saint Germain: Beautiful in its simplicity. The beurre blanc was heavenly.
- Chateubriand de Filet de Veau: the best part of this bacon crusted lamb was the crispy potatoes on the side so good
- Napoleon de Brie: so mine really was not a Napoleon, given that I don’t have gluten it basically was brie and baked peach. The other plates were so much prettier than mine 😦
- Assortiment de Desserts: The desserts were the only part of the meal that really was not that great – pretty but not great
There was a great tour of the kitchens, speech by Thomas Keller and even can can dancers. Here are some pictures: