My Disney love is old and very strong. So when a friend asked me to go to Epcot (i hadn’t been in ages) i jumped at the chance. They were in the Middle of the Flower and Garden Festival, and I had never been to a festival in epcot so that was super interesting.
First thing first – COVID warning – EPCOT and Disney’s in general safety protocols are amazing. I felt super safe, there was plenty of distance everywhere (Even the lines were expertly managed) and mask usage was very strictly enforced.
We did just two rides, Soarin (which I love) and the Frozen ride in Norway which I hadn’t been to and of course I really enjoyed as I loved the movie. We spent the rest of the day walking around, eating, drinking and checking out the flowers and gardens. The character topiaries were my favorite part. These were my absolute favorites:
Other great ones:
The food at the Festival was also pretty good. Lots of different stands through out the showcase with really great bites. This blog has a great recollection. Be sure to get your passport on the first stand so that you can check what’s out there and plan accordingly. We ate (left to right):
- At La Isla Fresca (between France and Morocco) we had Lamb Curry with Sweet Plantains and Rice and Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut-Lime Sauce
- At Fleur de Lys in France my friend had the Caramelized Beignet filled with Vanilla Cream and Glazed with Caramel Fleur de Sel (note from her as of course I didn’t have this given it not being gluten friendly, it was a donut – not a beignet but still good) and I, given that i couldn’t partake in many gluten wonderfulness especially in desserts, just consumed my sugar calories in drinks – so it was the Bordeaux, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Malbec Blend, Château Lorient, which was surprisingly good
- In Germany at the Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce – gluten free and delicious.
- Primavera Kitchen arancini (not gluten free) and Bellini’s from the Italy pavilion (both so good we clearly ate them before taking a pic)
- at Flavor Full Kitchen, Grilled Baby Vegetable’s
There were so many other food options, we were just full!
To finish it off with some closing drinks, I am obsessed with The Starbucks Disney cups and my friend hit the good old Dole whip with fanta at Pinneaple Promenade!
Although there are no parades or fireworks due to COVID restrictions, the characters are still there. Yes you cannot get near them but from afar Mickey waved to us and we also caught the princesses carriage, Mary Poppins and Joy from Inside Out in case you were wondering.