I have not done an award recap in a while, so why not start now!
Of course we start with the fashion. My Favorite 2 looks of the 2022 Oscars were:
The other greats:
These were my favorites from the afterparties.
Some media roundup:
- The Best, Worst, and Wildest Moments From the 2022 Oscars
- The Best and Worst Moments of the 2022 Oscars
- Oscars 2022: The 12 Best, Worst and Weirdest Moments From the Ceremony
- Beyoncé, Chris Rock & Regina Hall’s Pat-Down: The Best And Worst Moments From The 2022 Oscars
- The 7 best (and worst) Oscar moments, including Will Smith slapping Chris Rock, Beyoncé’s ‘Be Alive’
- The best and worst of the Academy Awards, from Will Smith’s cursing to a lackluster statement about Ukraine
- The 10 best and worst moments of the 2022 Oscars
- See the Best-Dressed Celebrities at the 2022 Oscars
- The Best Dressed Stars at the 2022 Oscars
- Who was that Colombian heartthrob singing ‘Dos Oruguitas’ at the Oscars?
My random thoughts:
- I loved the Colombian love. Yatra singing with Colombian dancers and a suits with Yellow flowers? amazing! Also encanto winning best picture was awesome. However the We do not talk about Bruno situation was not the best, I wish they would have not modified it as much.
- I still think Dos Oruguitas should have won best song
- Ariana de Bose winning – Yes theater people!!! also all the CODA people were adorable
- Liza Minelli is amazing, love her and it pains me to see her so frail
- What was up with that in memorian?
- I have to agree with all the commentary on the weird walk in music, the Encanto one with Marc Anthony paying was especially weird as was Africa.
- Obsessed about the color of Beyonces outfits matching tennis balls perfectly:
- i don’t think much more needs to be said about the Will Smith situation. violence is never warranted, and the fact that things just transcurred as normal is appalling. I really liked these two takes: