#SFBatkid happened and it was amazing. There was so much information about Batkid last week, and so much of it was amazing, that i felt I just consolidate some of it here.
For those uninitiated, or who do not know what Batkid is- here’s the gist: Batkid is 5-year-old Miles Scott, A young leukemia patient. Make a wish Foundation threw out all the stops on Friday to make his dream of being a superhero for a day happen. More than 15,00o volunteers helped, turning San Francisco into Gotham City. Batkid even had a lamborghini bat mobile, and arrested the Riddler and the Penguin. He also became a social media phenomenon, with more than 400,000 tweets and even a vimeo shout out from President Obama itself.
Seeing all the overage had me almost at tears, as I follow the sentiment of many others that this was also about more than just Miles. It really showed what good people banding together could do. And also how reminiscing on our 5 year old innocence is always a good thing, and could even makes us better people. this video has a great and moving summary – yeah, its hard to watch it and not tear up!
Some articles and videos:
- San Francisco Transforms Into Gotham City For Boy’s Batman Wish
- SF Morphs Into Gotham City for “Batkid” Battling Leukemia
- Batkid Was Beautiful — Let’s Keep It Going
- Batkid Saves The Day – photo gallery and videos
- Everything You Need To Know About Make-A-Wish Foundation’s Adorable, Crime-Fighting Batkid
- The riddler and Penguin police endictment
- Christian Bale on Batkid: ‘It’s So Touching’
- How Batkid Conquered the World, by the Numbers
- Meet Miles Scott, The ‘Batkid,’ And The Wonderful People Behind His Wish
- Batkid saves San Francisco as charity makes a wish come true
- 20 Batkid Instagram Photos That Will Make You Whole Again
- ..and the vimeo message from President Obama
some of my favorite pictures: