As was requested by some of you, the roundup of my thoughts on the 2023 Oscars.
In terms of Fashion here were my top 10 looks of the ceremony:
And my Favorite looks of the Afterparties:
first, the Daisy Jones Girls fully delivered and the three of them made my cut (also I’m obsessed with the show – go watch)
the rest of the best:
Some media roundup:
- The best and worst moments of the 2023 Oscars
- Most Memorable Oscar Moments, From Jimmy Kimmel Mocking the Slap to Michelle Yeoh Making History
- 2023 Oscars’ Best and Worst Moments: From ‘Everything Everywhere’ Dominance to Bad Jimmy Kimmel Jokes
- The Best, Worst, and Most Heartwarming Moments of the 2023 Oscars
- The best and most daring men’s fashion at the 2023 Oscars that went beyond a basic black tuxedo
- Oscars Red Carpet 2023: The Best Looks From Hollywood’s Biggest Night
- Oscars 2023 Best Dressed
- The 24 Best Dressed Stars at the 2023 Oscars
- Best and Worst Moments from the 2023 Oscars
- Oscars 2023 Red Carpet: All the Fashion, Outfits, and Looks
- The 2023 Oscars were a Vanity Fair
My random thoughts:
- the ceremony was pretty boring which after lasts years drama, was probably a good thing?
- Loved the redemption arcs of all 4 actor winners, and Michelle’s Line ““Ladies, don’t let anybody tell you you are past your prime” was epic.
- RRR’s Naatu Naatu was epic and I loved that it won. Also their singing acceptance speech? brilliant!
- Apart from that the musical numbers were a tad underwhelming considering that you had Lady Gaga and Rihana involved! I mean Rihanna and LAdy Gaga sang great but the songs .. meh, I’m definitely not searching for them in spotify. I’m really looking forward to next year with some new little mermaid and Wicked material involved because this was dire.
- I loved the Hugh Grant – Andi McDowell banter and I think we should do an award show where all hosts are part costars reunited! (side note, im obsessed with her new show in Hallmark Channel called the Way Home – watch it)
- I think Lenny Kravitz is amazing, but his in memoriam just didn’t do it for me. Maybe for this segment, since I’m not looking at him I need a better voice?
- The donkey might have been my favorite part.
- Ok this one is a hard one for me to say. First I am obsessed with the new Little Mermain trailer! however I was expecting it to debut during the comercial break (i was actually watching them to see it). It actually coming during the telecast felt REALLY weird- a total Disney flex but maybe not as appropriate. However lets think happy thoughts and enjoy the beauty that is the trailer: