Quote of the day: “Consciousness is only possible through change; Change is only possible through movement”
What Im reading: I haven’t posted in a while – the unfortunate consequence of having to reduce my electronic usage for medical issues – but I’m back now … Some of the interesting things I have read this week:
- Obama Angry at Gun Control Defeat: ‘Shameful Day for Washington’ & From NYTimes: A Senate in the Gun Lobby’s Grip – I try not to get too political here, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but here I have to agree – no progress on gun control is just sad!
- After all the sadness of the Boston bombings, these articles make you remember the good that is out there, even in the midst of a terrible situation: 10 Touching Acts of Kindness at the Boston Marathon and Stories of Kindness After the Bombing
- Relationships are more important than ambition
- How not to say the wrong thing – Great op-ed on how to address bad situations and provide comfort.
- From Chelsea Clinton: Four Myths About Millennials
- The Best New Spas in the World
- The World’s Top 100 Airports
- Is There a Walt Disney–Steve Jobs Connection?
- Christian Lacroix Begins Schiaparelli Revival
- If any of you share my food TV obsession – this one is for you: Food TV: Keeping Track of 10 Upcoming Cooking Shows
- Amazon Closes In On Debut Of Original TV Shows
- Top 100 Universities ranked by Reputation score
- For those in London, Its Coffee Festival Time! (London + Coffee – i would so be there if I could)
This video from Dove has been doing the social media rounds, you probably have all seen it, but for those who havent please do! its fabulous!!! I thought everyone was a fan, but it turns out its not the case, here is an article that critizices it… Why Dove’s “Real Beauty Sketches” Video Makes Me Uncomfortable… and Kind of Makes Me Angry
This is also a cool video – Colombia marketing!
To close it off in a more somber note, I thought this video of the Boston Bruins game was really moving. It was the first game played in Boston after the Marathon explosions, and the crowd singing the anthem is quite haunting